|June brought visitors from 111 different countries|
Things are good on the blog side though, this month I reached 250 followers and at the time of writing this post, sit right on the cusp of 50,000 pageviews.
Thanks again to all the visitors and everyone who comes back, links, and comments frequently, I really appreciate all your support!
You may have also noticed a few new changes to my blog this past month. I added a cool featured post slideshow that spruces up the home page, a Google Custom Search that embeds search results neatly into the template, and also added a couple tabbed widgets for the sidebar to make more efficient use of the space there.
My proudest accomplishment though is the custom widgets I made. Not happy with the default recent and popular post widgets, I dusted off my old coding skills that I haven't used in years to create custom widgets that include my review scores and pageviews along with the post titles and thumbnails.
All of this customization inspired me to start a new blog titled Stupid Blog Tricks to document many of the things I've learned since I started blogging last September. It won't be updated as frequently as this one, but I just wanted a place to post things like Blogger how to's and other advice that doesn't exactly fit here. Right now I'm working on a step by step tutorial on how to duplicate my popular and recent posts widgets.
Anyone with any questions on how to implement a new idea on Blogger or tweak something in their template is encouraged to head over there, just post your questions in the comments and I'll be happy to lend a hand.
Random Links of the Month
- The official winners of this years Lammy Awards were announced, congratulations to all the winners, and a special congratulations to 2011's Best New Lamb: Cinematic Paradox.
- Andy Buckle's Film Emporium had some amazing in-depth coverage of the 2011 Sydney Film Festival see his Top 10 films of the SFF.
- Le Mot du Cinephiliaque has announced the results for the 2nd edition of his Most Influential Directors of All-time Poll.
- John Likes Movies is hosting an epic summer long Criterion Collection Blogathon with prizes.
- Feminising Film is featuring a fabulous festival of Fascinating Films From Female Filmmakers.
- Beasts in Human Skin started the month with the end of a Charles Bronson marathon and a post on his wife and frequent co-star Grindhouse Girl: Jill Ireland.
- New blog A 1Tofu Life had a couple interesting posts on the contrast between Asian versus American Horror films.
- Front Room Cinema started a brilliant new feature titled FRC Icon World Tour, a weekly feature when he invites guest posters from all over the world to showcase their favorite film icons, and one that I will be contributing to in the near future.
- Did you know the Earth had a close call with an asteroid the other day? The only reason I do is because Habitable Zones of the Internet is my go to source for Astronomy news.
- Head on over to D4 and Music for an eclectic mix of new and old but always interesting tunes, my favorite track of the month is Greyhound's - Jamaica Rum.
- thingamajig is one of my favorite interactive blogs, where Shutterbug hosts a game where you try and guess the everyday object in the daily posted zoomed in photograph.